Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Essay 1-03a: My Language Learning Story and Plans

10 years ago, I thought I spoke Japanese well. But I did not know many Japanese proverbs and idioms, and I think I did not have a large vocabulary. And I could not speak English at all. When I was 11 years old, I began to go to English school. I did not like English, I could not even write alphabet at first. So I practiced alphabet and English months of the year, weeks and others, so I could be in English. The English school was so fun, because I play an English card game for studying many words, and I listened to English music. And the teacher was so kind and she was taught English plain, so I like her so much. And I contact with her now, I often teach English for her and study for TOEIC and Eiken together. So I became to like English for her, and I thought I wanted to more study English for her. When I was 11 years old, I took Eiken for the first time. Then I learned English to enjoy.
Now, I am majoring in English because I wanted to speak English well. I did not study English when I was a high school student, so I did not have a large vocabulary than around people. And I was worrying about studying English, because I thought I could not keep up to study. So I do my homework and my lessons properly, I am doing my best. But I think I can speak English fluently, so I will make great progress with my English. And I spoke Japanese so well than when I was 9 years old, but I did not have a large vocabulary. So I think I have to read many books, and I want to have a concentration.
10 years from now, I want to speak English, and I want to have a large vocabulary. I want to be a Japanese teacher in the future, so I have to speak English and Japanese. Also, I must teach Japanese for foreigners, so I must have a large vocabulary and grammar. And I want to go to foreign countries, so I want to learn many languages. I will do my best.
[372 words]



1 comment:

  1. Hi Seina,

    Your essay begins with your ability to speak Japanese at age ten. That leaves a huge gap from early childhood. How did you learn Japanese before you started school, and how did you study it afterwards?

    I'd also like to know what you mean when you say you'll do your best? From now on, how do you plan to develop a large vocabulary and extensive grammatical knowledge? What other languages do you plan or want to study?

    Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete